We all want to lead happy and healthy lives. However, when we start to focus on getting fit and healthy, we can often concentrate on what we should not be eating, instead of thinking about what we should eat and what is going to be good for us! So, in this blog post, we are going to take a look at some of the different ways you can eat yourself healthy. What sort of foods can help you to be the healthiest version of yourself? Read on to discover some ideas and suggestions on how to eat yourself healthy.
- Eat to please your stomach – There is only one place to begin, and this is by thinking about what sort of foods are going to be kind to your stomach. If you adopt a diet that is gut-friendly, it is going to have a positive impact on virtually every element of your brain and your body. There are trillions of microbes that are in your stomach at the moment, helping to protect you from infection, influencing your appetite, weight, and mood, and making neurotransmitters and vitamins. The best way to ensure the microbes in your gut are nurtured is to eat a diet that is diverse in probiotics, polyphenols, vegetables, fruit, and fiber.
- Try out new recipes – Another suggestion that we have for you when it comes to eating yourself healthy is to try out different recipes. One of the reasons why a lot of people end up reverting back to junk food is simply because they get bored. Does this sound familiar? You are not alone! However, this is why it makes sense to try out different recipes so that you never run out of ideas in the kitchen. You can learn how simple and easy it is to cook perfect green beans every time, as well as many other tips and tricks online! It will transform your attitude toward healthy food, ensuring that you no longer view it as boring but have plenty of different options in your cooking arsenal.
- Add some more color to your plate – We also recommend that you add some more color to your plate. Increase that vibrancy! Eating fruits and vegetables that have lots of colors can help to cut your risk of illness by quite a considerable degree. Every color has a unique number of different phytochemicals that will fight disease and bring a whole host of health benefits to your body. For example, the deep red color that is present in watermelon and tomatoes is what is known as lycopene. Lycopene has been shown to help reduce the risk of some cancers. You also have anthocyanins, which are responsible for the dark purple shade in the likes of blackberries and blueberries. This can help to lower chronic inflammation, which is an underlying cause of a lot of lifestyle-related diseases, for example, type 2 diabetes, stroke, heart disease, dementia, and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Consider when you eat – It is not just about what you eat, but it is about when you eat. This is something you should consider carefully when it comes to eating your way to supreme health. Try and align your eating patterns with your body clock to boost your overall health. This means shortening the window of time in which you eat food for the day. This can help to improve your sleep while also giving you a good energy boost too.
- Add more plant protein into your diet – Aside from the points we have mentioned above, it makes sense to add plant foods that are rich in protein into your diet. This includes the likes of lentils, soy, seeds, nuts, peas, and beans. Not only are these foods packed with fiber but they are very nutritious and they contain phytochemicals as well. Lentils and beans, in particular, have been shown to lower the amount of unhelpful LDL cholesterol in your blood. You will be left feeling satisfied and full from the combination of fiber and protein.
So there you have it: some of the different things that you can do to eat yourself healthy. There is no denying that food plays a huge role in all of our lives. It gives us the fuel that we need, and it can also be a very social and enjoyable thing as well. Rather than thinking about food from the perspective that you should not eat certain things, you need to start thinking about what you can eat.