We all know that there is a global health crisis going on right now, and it’s put everyone on perpetual pause. It’s so easy to forget that there is life outside of the pandemic, and even if you don’t contract COVID, you still have to look after your health. While you may find that COVID has turned life upside down, it doesn’t have to affect other aspects of your health. You can use the time in lockdowns and beyond to work on your health, get familiar with being good to your body and just make yourself feel good.
This doesn’t mean that you have to lose weight or slim down and starve yourself – it just means that you should see a macrobiotic counselor to ensure that you are eating well. Being proactive about your health on all levels is going to help you to feel good on the inside and the outside – even with the pandemic on the rampage. With this in mind, here are some of the things that you can do to better look after your health:
- Get out into the sunshine. Vitamin D is good for your body and your skin, and you want to ensure that you boost your immune system as much as possible. Getting out into the sunshine can help you to boost that Vitamin D amount in your body and make you feel energized. It’s always good for your body to get some sunshine and it can make you feel wonderful.
- Squeeze it, ladies. That pelvic floor of yours is built of muscles, and any muscle needs work to keep it strong. Pelvic floor exercises will help you to support your spine, your bladder and your bowel muscles, and you can learn to train these to be solid enough that you don’t have the “cough and pee” issue.
- Reduce emotional eating. When you get your macros fixed for you, you can learn to eat according to what your body needs. Emotional eating is usually due to stress, and it can become an issue when you’re stuck at home. Learning to turn away from food and channel your emotions into something else is so important. You need to distract yourself from turning to the pantry every time you feel emotional and stressed.
- On the 1st of the month, check your boobs! Girls, the girls need checking every month for lumps and bumps that aren’t normal for you. You need to perform a breast check so that you don’t have any issues. Regular checks will help you to remain vigilant about your breast health.
- Get your gut going. It’s so important that you do what you can to keep your gut healthy, and you can do that with the right probiotics. Eat the right fruits and veggies, too, and you will find that you boost your mood and your energy!
- Keep your skin healthy. The struggle is real when it comes to your skin, and you should do what you can to make it feel hydrated. Drink plenty of water, wear sunscreen, and stay moisturized!