Korean skincare took the beauty market by storm. In 2012, Korean beauty products, including gel creams and sheet masks were unknown to many consumers, particularly in the west. Today, you can see them almost everywhere, both in-store and online.
Filipinas have been trying out the 10-step Korean routine, which promises to leave you with glass-like clear skin. Although the skincare is designed for fair-skinned Koreans, tanned-skin Filipinas may also experience the fresh, dewy, and glossy look.
The Right Skin Care is Crucial
Whether you have fair or tan skin, proper skincare is the foundation to achieve glass-like appearance. The goal is to keep your skin clear and hydrated all the time. Korean products offer a variety of active ingredients, such as aloe vera, snail mucus, and green tea that hydrate your skin and keep it healthy.
The Korean brand COSRX, for example, is a cult favorite when it comes to achieving glass skin. The brand mixes beauty and science to create products that address the needs of all skin types.
You may also follow the famous 10-step skincare routine:
- First, cleanse – this is when you remove your makeup. It’s ideal to use an oil cleanser to break down all the products on your face.
- Second, cleanse – this step eliminates the remaining dirt and makeup that the oil cleanser was able to remove.
- Exfoliation – this helps remove dead skin cells and unwanted texture. Use scrubs, cleansing brush, or chemical exfoliant as recommended (once or twice a week).
- Toner – it calms your skin and brings back your skin’s natural pH.
- Essence – this hydrates the skin and helps it absorb other products effectively.
- Serum – it addresses the specific skin problem that you have, be it acne scarring, wrinkles, or dullness.
- Sheet mask – it provides extra hydration to keep your skin soft and plump.
- Eye cream – this makes your eye area bright and youthful.
- Moisturizer – it helps lock in the moisture of your skin.
- Sunscreen – this protects your skin from the damaging effects of sunlight. Always apply it whenever you go out.
As you know, not every routine works the same way for different people. So practice care when applying these steps; stop one method when it irritates your skin. But do give your skin time to adjust by using different products.
Your skincare mostly does the work to help you achieve glass skin. But as you work your way to achieving that, allow makeup to you that glowing look.
Wear the Right Makeup
Choose a semi-matte foundation that lasts the whole day despite the country’s weather. This type of foundation is ideal because it won’t make your face too shiny once you apply another set of makeup. Make sure that the shade matches your skin type and tone for a natural finish.
After setting your foundation, apply a highlighter to give your face shimmer and bring out its defining features. You can use powder or lotion highlighter, but opt for a product that has no chunks of glitter for a natural look.
Glass skin requires a tedious process and may take time to see visible results. You can cut down on the work by choosing quality products and being meticulous with your skincare. And pretty soon, you may get that luminous, gorgeous skin you’ve always wanted.