2016 is almost over as are the events that made the year another interesting one. Large scale 2016 has been a year full of Olympians and mass political confusion, but it’s the little things that make life something and a lot of little things have happened in my life this year. I could probably fill countless posts about things that annoyed me and a whole lot less about things that took place without a hitch, but that would take FAR too long. Instead I am going to talk about the year the same way my brain processes information, in often vague tid-bits.
These are my end of year thoughts for 2016;
- I’ve been on this earth for 20 years now. Wow I’m getting old.
- Why does life have to be hard?
- I hate school (RE no.2).
- I DON’T hate school, just the system that runs schools. Systems are yucky.
- Why do I have to get older? I’d much rather sit in my jammies all day and watch Disney movies.
- I got a job. I’m learning how hard it can be to have to adult all the time.
- *does Yoda voice* I have much to learn about the ways of the adult.
- Donald Trump is yucky!
- Politics is yucky.
- Oh no! 2016 is almost over, time to think of a resolution.
- I’m not doing a new year’s resolution.
- Isn’t it just great to exist!?
To expand on no.12 a little more; this year has been one of ups and downs and at a number of times it got a little painful, but I can’t complain. I’m in good health, nothing tragic has happened to me or the ones I love and I have had the privilege of rounding off this year with a family holiday and being able to see relatives I haven’t seen in a long time. What more could I possibly ask for?
It’s rather hard to pack 365 days into one piece so I think I’ve done my best. I’m ready for another year. Bring on 2017!
What did you do this year? Vague or not, what are your thoughts about 2016? Share your thoughts in a comment and we can laugh, cry about and question life into the new year.