As a poet of romantic poetry who would be more qualified than myself to write on this topic?
However let me first clarify that I am not a relationship expert, I simply listen to people and write about the many different feelings of love.
In fact, I may even change the term to “hopeful romantic” because this is exactly what the term implies. Hopelessness of love equates to remaining hopeful regarding love. And it is a topic I live and breathe every day.
Here are some signs you may be a “Hopeful Romantic”:
* Are you a daydreamer? You cannot help yourself, you are constantly dreaming of love and passion. You have some trouble with reality – a sure sign of a romantic – and you would much rather spend your time thinking about anything having to do with love and being in love.
* If you are a dreamer you may also be secretly wishing for a fairytale kind of love. The kind where you love hard with a lover whisking you off into a hot steamy love scene. You are always the one dreaming about romance and love affairs instead of food and dessert like everyone else.
* You are addicted to romantic movies. You love any kind of love story, happy or sad and probably slightly cheesy, as long as it’s a love story sending your heart aflutter.
* You have a voracious appetite for reading romance novels and you will sometimes stay up all night until you finish the book because you cannot go to sleep without knowing how the story ends, secretly hoping of course, they end up together every time.
* You often get teary-eyed even to the point of sobbing at the slightest hint of something emotional. Most of the time these are happy tears just thinking about something beautiful that moves you.
* You are obsessed with love quotes and sayings, in my case it’s poetry! You are always in search of the perfect love quote or poem that accurately describes your love affair or situation that you can identify with personally.
* You do believe in love at first sight as a possibility. In fact, you are in love with the idea of possibility and spend your time dreaming of possible scenarios involving love. You can also romanticize just about every situation you come across!
* Because no matter what happens in your life or the lives of others you cannot give up on the notion of “magic” in love and romance.
You can sometimes confuse being in love with being in love with love. These are two different things, however, if you are one who is in love with love you could possibly be a hopeful romantic! It is not a bad thing, it is just how you perceive and experience love in your life. You remain hopeful about not giving up on love. And I would tend to agree with that!